A Black Country training company which works with more than 7,000 apprentices every year is the latest to throw its support behind our annual apprenticeship awards.
BCTG runs five education businesses and offers a complete package of training and support to help companies of any size grow.
It is sponsoring the Medium Employer of the Year category at our 2020 Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards to celebrate those organisations with 51 to 249 staff and which are championing the apprenticeship movement.
The awards will celebrate achievement across 12 separate categories including crowning our overall Apprentice of the Year (scroll down for full list).
The ceremony has been put back to November as a result of the coronavirus lockdown but the deadline to enter has been extended until July 3.
Scroll down for more details or go straight to the nomination form here
Oldbury-based BCTG was founded 25 years ago and works with more than 2,300 companies of all sizes nationally across 14 different business sectors.
Its services include the recruitment of apprentices, as well as temporary and permanent staff, accessing funding on clients’ behalf to minimise training costs and helping companies get a return on their Apprenticeship Levy investment.
BCTG’s chief executive Chris Luty said: “These awards showcase some of the best talent we have in the region.
“If the West Midlands is to develop and thrive, we must recognise this and tap into their potential.
“For anyone of any age, an apprenticeship provides such an opportunity to prosper and for employers a real way to make their business succeed.”
This year’s event is run in partnership with Ladder for Greater Birmingham, a campaign which is working to create hundreds of new apprenticeships across the region.
The Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards are back for a second year, in partnership with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham. The event will be held on Friday November 27, 2020 at Edgbaston Stadium and will celebrate apprentices, employers and training and education providers.
The awards are free and easy to enter via our online form which can be found here along with those all-important T&Cs. The deadline for entries is Friday July 3.
If you have any questions about entering or the awards in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and contact email@example.com if you would like to learn more about becoming a commercial partner of the awards.
For more information visit our events website here and please follow the hashtag #BAA20 for updates on social media.
The full list of categories is:
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Construction and Property Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Engineering and Manufacturing)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Health, Education and Care), sponsored by Skillsfirst
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Professional Services)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Tech, Digital and Creative Industries)
– Outstanding Apprentice of the Year (Travel, Tourism and Hospitality)
– Apprentice of the Year (chosen from the six category winners above)
– Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff)
– Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by BCTG
– Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by The Development Manager
– Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
– Education Engagement Award, sponsored by Birmingham & Solihull Training Provider Network
Training provider Performance Through People is our drinks sponsor for the evening and Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership is also an event supporter.
The awards are run in conjunction with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign, an initiative launched in 2018 aimed at creating 1,000 new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull. To find out more about the Ladder campaign and how employing apprentices can benefit your business, visit ladderforbirmingham.co.uk or call 03332 409 699