Eleven entrepreneurs from across the West Midlands have been shortlisted for a prestigious business award.
The finalists – which represent 10 businesses based in the West Midlands – have been selected for EY’s 2021 Entrepreneur of the Year UK programme.
The group are from a range of different sectors, including technology, manufacturing, consumer and health sciences – and represent some of the most inspiring business leaders in the region and the UK.
The West Midlands finalists are:
- Phil Burrows – Chief executive of Apollo Home Healthcare Ltd, Wolverhampton;
- Robert Strange, CEO of Avensys UK Ltd, Kidderminster;
- Harinder Singh, Managing director or BJS Distribution Storage & Couriers Ltd, Wednesbury;
- Lee Bushell, CEO of Bushall Investment Group, Birmingham;
- Dale Parmenter, CEO of DRP Group, Hartlebury;
- Dan Barlow, CEO of Kagool Ltd, Coventry;
- Dan and Melanie Marsden, CEO and chief brand officer of Lounge Underwear, Solihull;
- David Keene, CEO of Richmond Design & Marketing Ltd, Coventry;
- Steve Rigby, Group CEO of Rigby Group, Stratford-upon-Avon;
- Inder Jain, CEO of Slick Stitch Holding Ltd, Wolverhampton.
Chris Romans, EY private partner and head of tax in the Midlands, said: “It’s great to see the breadth and depth of entrepreneurial talent in the Midlands being showcased through this year’s Entrepreneur of the Year programme.
“Earlier this year, Birmingham was crowned the start-up capital of the UK for the seventh consecutive year, which clearly illustrates the entrepreneurial nature of the city.
“Entrepreneur of the Year recognises individuals who have been through the ups and downs of owning and building a successful company. It is the contributions of these individuals and their businesses that are making a huge impact on the local, regional and in many cases national economy – creating jobs, building confidence and inspiring others.”
BusinessLive is your home for business news from around the country – and you can stay in touch with all the latest news through our email alerts.
You can sign up to receive daily morning news bulletins from every region we cover and to weekly email bulletins covering key economic sectors from manufacturing to technology and enterprise. And we’ll send out breaking news alerts for any stories we think you can’t miss.
Visit our email preference centre to sign up to all the latest news from BusinessLive.
Four regional judging panels will convene virtually in June to select the regional winners.
These entrepreneurs will then progress to represent their region at UK judging in October and the EY Entrepreneur of the Year UK overall winner will be announced in November.
The overall UK winner will then go on to represent the UK at the ‘EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year’ in 2022, which recognises inspiring entrepreneurs from more than 60 countries.