A TASTY pick me up, these sweet potato fries are rich in flavour and spiced with goodness. Enjoy them as a starter or side dish, and accompany with the dips from my previous post.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- Olive oil
- Maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7.
- Once you have chopped the sweet potato, give it a rinse and pat down with paper towels, when dry put into a bowl.
- Season the fries with the cayenne, paprika and season with salt and pepper; mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Transfer the fries onto a baking tray, spacing them out evenly.
- Drizzle on a little olive oil and maple syrup. Just as a little side note, the more drizzle the more likely the fries will soften, so if you fancy a crispier crunch apply sparingly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes (rotate occasionally) or until crispy.
Best served hot