A REFRESHINGLY light coconut salmon dish that is flavourful and oh so simple to make. Perfect if you are feeling a lighter lunch as it is not too indulgent, pair with a side salad or some grilled vegetables.
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander
- 2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 165ml coconut milk
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped (add more if you’d prefer more spice)
- In a pan, pour the olive oil and fry the salmon on medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the salmon from the pan.
- Add the shallot, dried coriander, garlic and ginger and fry on a medium heat until it starts to soften and brown.
- Add the chilli, tomato, mushroom, fish sauce and cook for 4-6 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and give it a quick stir.
- Put the salmon back in the pan along with the juice of half a lime.
- Leave to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is fully cooked.
Best served hot.