OKAY, I can’t even begin to tell you how damn delicious this curry is, it’s just pure, next level yumminess. Do excuse me while I just grab another serving…
What can I say, it looks good, it tastes good, what more could you want? I love the colours, it looks so vibrant and just so delicious. So simple and easy to make, the cooking time is short so you’ll have your meal ready in no time. I love the lime juice as it adds an extra “oomph” and zestiness to the silky sauce and balances the sweetness of the coconut beautifully.
- 165g raw king prawns
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 small red chilli, sliced into thin rings (seeds included)
- In a pan, fry the shallot, garlic and ginger in the olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add the fresh chilli and tomatoes and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and pour in the coconut milk and give it a good stir.
- Leave to simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- Taste and season with salt if necessary. Then squeeze the juice of half a lime and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
Best served hot and with rice.