I AM loving comfort food at the moment and this black eye bean stew is the way to go. It takes such little time to prepare and cook, definitely one to have after a long day working.
- 1 can (400g) black-eye beans, drained and rinsed
- 250ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely sliced
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- On medium heat, fry the garlic and onion in the olive oil until lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beans and all the seasonings and mix well.
- Pour in the stock and coconut milk and bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Leave to simmer for 12- 15 minutes.
Best served hot.