WHEN THE warm weather returns, this recipe is fantastic fuss-free lunch if you’re not up to cooking and need to cool down. In the meantime, try on its own when you fancy something light or as a side salad.
The juice from the fresh tomatoes really brings this dish to life, lots of flavours, really light and takes little time to prepare.
- 1 can (400g) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 finely chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Firstly, start by making the marinade for the salad. In a bowl, squeeze the juice of half a lime, the paprika, cumin, oil, season with salt and pepper and give it a mix.
- In a separate bowl put all the remaining prepped ingredients.
- Drizzle on the marinade and give it a good mix. Taste and season again with salt and pepper if needed.