The Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards are now open for 2021 and we want nominations from businesses across Greater Birmingham so that we can celebrate the apprentices and employers that have achieved so much over the last year.
The awards – run in partnership with the Ladder For Greater Birmingham campaign and Sandwell College Gateway 2 Employment as headline sponsor – will be held on November 11 at Edgbaston Stadium, with nominations closing on September 17.
Over the last year, the coronavirus pandemic made things much more challenging for apprentices and their employers.
A changing economic situation, lockdowns and new limitations on how companies could operate all threatened to derail apprenticeships which would have meant a loss of invaluable experience and learning for those taking part in them.
However, both apprentices and the businesses employing them rose to the challenge, with many apprentices going above and beyond in taking on new and greater responsibility and innovating ways to help their employers through the pandemic.
We want to celebrate this amazing work and as such we’re seeking nominations from a variety of industries for the 2021 awards. You might know an apprentice who took on far more than was expected of them and proved to be an invaluable presence in their organisation.
Or perhaps your business has shown a real commitment to offering high-quality apprenticeships that have provided tangible and long-lasting benefits to those enrolled on them.
If so, we want you to submit a nomination. The awards are open to both current apprentices and those who have recently completed an apprenticeship. Full details are on the nomination form.
There are a variety of categories including for Engineering and Manufacturing, Small Employer of the Year and Training Provider of the Year as well as our overall Apprentice of the Year.
The 2021 award categories and sponsors are:
- Apprentice of the Year – Health, Education & Care, sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Apprentice of the Year – Construction and Property Industries
- Apprentice of the Year – Engineering and Manufacturing
- Apprentice of the Year – Professional Services
- Apprentice of the Year – Tech, Digital and Creative Industries, sponsored by Sandwell College Gateway 2 Employment
- Apprentice of the Year – Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
- Greater Birmingham Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Skillsfirst (chosen from the six category winners above)
- Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff), sponsored by BT
- Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff)
- Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by BCTG
- Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
- Education Engagement Award
Make UK is the brochure sponsor.
The awards are run in conjunction with the Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign, an initiative launched in 2018 aimed at creating hundreds of new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull. To find out more about the Ladder campaign and how employing apprentices can benefit your business, visit www.ladderforbirmingham.co.uk or call 03332 409 699