An architectural practice is celebrating its 10th birthday by making a number of new appointments across its group of companies.
Cheadle-based Hewitt&Carr Architects (HCA) was established in 2011 by business partners Natalie Hewitt and Mark Carr.
Over the last decade the architectural practice has completed more than 1,100 projects across the commercial and residential sectors – including the multi-million pound redevelopment of the former Bristol Street Ford site, off the A34 in Newcastle-under-Lyme, and the £750,000 refurbishment of the New Vic Theatre in Basford, Stoke-on-Trent.
It also worked with pie giant Wrights Food Group to extend and develop its factory site in Crewe.
At the same time, the company has expanded with the launch of two new businesses – Hewitt&Carr Services and Hewitt&Carr Developments – which are all based at the DaisyBank House Business Centre.
Now, as HCA marks its milestone 10th birthday, it has made a number of new appointments.
- Lisa Carr has been appointed as project manager in Hewitt&Carr Services;
- Liz Slack is the new receptionist and administrator for Hewitt&Carr Developments taking care of the day-to-day operations at DaisyBank House Business Centre;
- Emma Morris has a new role as the group administrator;
- Peter Ostrowski has been appointed as the group digital marketing executive;
- Mark Flackett has been appointed as a senior architectural technologist for Hewitt&Carr Architects;
- Andrew Goldstraw is the new maintenance assistant for Hewitt&Carr Developments.
Company co-founder and architect Natalie Hewitt said: “Time has gone so quickly. I can still remember Mark and I discussing launching our own practice and now here we are 10 years on with three more companies as part of our group.
“We are both very proud of what has been achieved and the team we have here. We’re delighted to have brought more talent into the group and we are looking forward to continuing to expand overtime.”
She added: “We launched this business because we care about people and that ethos is still at the centre of everything we do. To us every job is equally as important, whether it’s supporting a big organisation with a multi-million pound redevelopment, or it’s a residential extension that’s going to give a family much needed space, every client is equally as important to us.
“That mantra is something that is at the core of our group, and it will continue to be so as we look forward to the next 10 years.”