Headlines for June 29, 2023
Written by GRB on 02/07/2023
- Over 200 Million in U.S. and Canada Face Extreme Weather Alerts from Smoke and Heat
- Fighting Resumes in Sudan as Eid al-Adha Ceasefire Collapses
- French Police Arrest 150 in Second Night of Protests over Police Killing of 17-Year-Old
- U.S. Ambassador Offers Rare Rebuke of Israel at United Nations
- U.S. Navy Deploys Largest Nuclear-Armed Submarine to South Korea
- Biden Holds Flurry of Fundraisers with Wealthy Donors, Touts "Bidenomics" Plan for Economy
- Mississippi Sheriff's Deputies Fired After 2 Black Men Sue, Alleging Assault, Torture and Racism
- Ex-Marine Pleads Not Guilty to Homicide Charges for Killing Jordan Neely on NYC Subway
- EPA Drops Civil Rights Probe of Louisiana Regulators over "Cancer Alley"
- 3M and Solvay Settle Claims over Pollution from "Forever Chemicals"
- U.S. Logs First Domestically Transmitted Cases of Malaria in 2 Decades
- Teamsters Union President Says a Strike of 340,000 UPS Workers "Appears Inevitable"