Takeaway delivery giant Foodhub has seen orders placed through its app jump by more than 40 per cent in just 12 months.
The Stoke-on-Trent company – whose biggest competitors are Just Eat and Uber Eats – says sales increased by 42 per cent between April 2020 and April 2021, despite lockdown restrictions being gradually eased.
And bosses at the business say they expect to see the trend continue despite indoor hospitality being allowed to reopen on May 17.
Foodhub co-founder and CEO, Ardian Mula, said: “Over the past 12 months, ordering a takeaway meal rather than choosing to cook at home, has become something of a national past-time. However, even though families can now go out to eat, the volume of takeaway orders is not diminishing.
“We saw a 65 per cent increase in the number of takeaway meals ordered via Foodhub from January 2020 to April 2020 as lockdown first hit. And, subsequently, despite the easing of lockdown, we’ve seen a 42 per cent increase in orders from April 2020 to April 2021.”
Mr Mula added: “This past year has been a tough time for everyone and we’re so happy to see the reopening of hospitality venues across the country. We’re also thrilled that we’ve been able to offer restaurants and cafes the opportunity to join the Foodhub platform to provide takeaway options, offering them a chance to maintain their business even though they had to close their doors.”
Foodhub was launched in 2017 by Ardian Mula and Mohammed Shakil.
Since then it has grown its turnover to in excess of £30 million and currently has around 22,000 restaurant and takeaway partners in the UK. It also trades in countries including the USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Australia, New Zealand and Ireland.