Bentley Motors announces further three-week shutdown

189
0

Car-giant Bentley Motors has announced an extension to its Covid-19-related production shutdown.

The luxury car-maker said it was stopping production until at least April 20 last month due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Now the firm has revealed that production will be suspended for a further three weeks at its Crewe headquarters until May 11.

Bosses expect to ramp-up production from May 11 with a limited number of staff with full production anticipated to resume on Monday, May 18.

Meanwhile core business functions will continue to work remotely to ensure a safe and efficient start-up of full operations.

Adrian Hallmark, chairman and CEO at Bentley Motors, said: “As the threat persists, so must we with the robust safety measures put in place to ensure we protect as many people as we possibly can, now and when we return to full operations.

“Like so many other businesses affected by this challenging time, we are working hard to safeguard the business, however we still look ahead with confidence that we can prevail and continue our journey to be the leader in sustainable luxury mobility.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here