Apprenticeships are helping to create the skilled, knowledgeable and experienced workforce of the future. Back with 12 awards, the Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2021 will celebrate all of those committed to up-skilling and becoming the best.
The awards are open to both current apprentices and those who have recently completed an apprenticeship, alongside the employers and organisations providing the vital training.
Enter online today before the deadline closes on Friday, September 17.
Finally able to reunite in person and celebrate success on the big stage, the Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2021 will take place live at the Edgbaston Stadium on Thursday, November 11.
The event is partnered with The Ladder for Greater Birmingham and headline sponsored by Sandwell College Gateway 2 Employment. To find out more, visit the official event website. For ticket and sponsorship enquiries, contact [email protected]
Here are a few of the reasons why you should enter for this year’s Apprenticeship Awards…
1. Find your future
The Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2021 are a great indicator of success.
Being involved in an apprenticeship creates a well-rounded, skilled employee that businesses would be thrilled to have on their team. With an award showing that you are the top apprentice of the year in your sector, an employer will have an independent review that you are the best of the best.
If you’re a training provider or employer which has already seen countless apprentices turn into remarkable success stories, then you know that the talent pool is overflowing with ambitious and intelligent recruits. Your next star employee could be on the search for an apprenticeship and see your shortlisting or award win as a reason to choose your business as the place for their skills.
Event partner Ladder for Greater Birmingham campaign was an initiative launched in 2018, aimed at creating hundreds of new apprenticeships in Birmingham and Solihull. To find out more about the Ladder campaign and how employing apprentices can benefit your business, visit www.ladderforbirmingham.co.uk or call 03332 409 699.
2. Tell the world
Held by Reach plc, the Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards have the backing of the largest commercial national and regional newspaper publisher in the UK.
You never know who could spot your achievements.
3. Thank the team
Whether it’s an award for apprentices or employers, it is a great morale boost to see one of your own win one of these prestigious awards.
The positive response reflects on both the brilliant learner and the dedicated teacher helping develop their skills. Without the other, neither would be able to succeed as remarkably as they are; and that is why these awards are so important as they recognise the teamwork that goes into a successful apprenticeship.
The 2021 award categories are:
- Apprentice of the Year – Health, Education & Care, sponsored by Birmingham Metropolitan College
- Apprentice of the Year – Construction and Property Industries, sponsored by Swift
- Apprentice of the Year – Engineering and Manufacturing, sponsored by South & City College
- Apprentice of the Year – Professional Services, sponsored by Birmingham City Council
- Apprentice of the Year – Tech, Digital and Creative Industries, sponsored by Sandwell College Gateway 2 Employment
- Apprentice of the Year – Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
- Greater Birmingham Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Skillsfirst (chosen from the six category winners above)
- Small Employer of the Year (1-50 staff), sponsored by BT
- Medium Employer of the Year (51-249 staff), sponsored by LEP
- Large Employer of the Year (250+ staff), sponsored by BCTG
- Training Provider of the Year, sponsored by GBS Training Provider Network
- Education Engagement Award, sponsored by The Ladder Foundation
Find the criteria for each award on the website here. Entries close on September 17 and are open to both current apprentices and those who have recently completed an apprenticeship, alongside the employers and organisations providing the vital training.
The Greater Birmingham Apprenticeship Awards 2021 will be held on November 11 at Edgbaston Stadium. To enter or find out more information about the event, visit the official website.